This fall-worthy meal is as colorful as it is nourishing. Chicken strips, coated in a sweet and tangy honey-mustard sauceare served on top of a bed of sautéed cabbage, kale, carrots and bell pepper — all sprinkled with nutritional yeast for cheesy, savory notes. Sunflowers seeds garnish the dish with a nutty crunch.
Weight Watchers Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Lunch
- 10 oz chicken strips
- 4 ¼ oz cabbage
- 3 ½ oz kale
- 5 ½ oz carrots
- 3 ½ oz red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 ½ tbsp paprika-spiced arrowroot
- ¼ cup honey-mustard sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 ½ tsp nutritional yeast
- Prep the veggies: Remove the center stems from the kale and slice them into about ¼-inch pieces. Roughly chop the leaves into bite-size pieces. Cut the ends off the red onion and discard the peel. Cut in half lengthwise. Lay flat and medium dice into about ½-inch pieces. Medium dice the red bell pepper into about ½-inch pieces.
- Season the chicken: Press the chicken strips dry with a paper towel and then place them in a medium bowl. Season with salt, pepper and paprika-spiced arrowroot. Drizzle with about ¼ teaspoon cooking oil. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cook the vegetables: In a medium saute pan, heat about 1½ tablespoons cooking oil over medium-high heat and add the carrots to the hot pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender, stirring occasionally. Add the onion, kale stems, cabbage and bell pepper to the pan. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon cooking oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Add the kale leaves, stirring to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 more minute, or until the leaves are slightly wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the chicken: Heat about 1½ Tbsp. cooking oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4-6 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Finish the veggies: Sprinkle the nutritional yeast over the pan with the veggies, stirring well to combine.
- Finish the chicken: Drizzle about 2 Tbsp. of the honey-mustard sauce over the chicken, stirring well to coat evenly.
- Plate your dish: Divide the sautéed veggies between 2 bowls. Top with the honey-mustard chicken and garnish with sunflower seeds. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Calories: 410 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 1.5 g Carbohydrates: 45 g Sugar: 25 g Sodium: 370 mg Fiber: 8 g Protein: 39 g Cholesterol: 100 mg
How many Weight Watchers points in honey mustard chicken recipe?
WW Smart Points: 12
WW Points Plus: 10
WW Old Points: 8
You might also like these Weight Watchers chicken recipes:
Originally posted 2020-10-09 14:03:35.