This tremendous Simple Soba Noodles with Peanuts and Seitan is THE scrumptious, wholesome plant-based answer for a busy weeknight dinner that you simply by no means knew about. You actually can whip this soba noodles primary dish up in a single skillet in about 20 minutes, with elements you’ll find in most supermarkets. This vegan soba noodles recipe is wealthy in plant protein, wholesome carbs, and wholesome fat. Better of all, this flavorful entrée, which relies on buckwheat soba noodles, is a meal in a single, offering a protein supply, carb supply, and veggie supply—multi function dish.
You’ll discover oodles of protein, as a result of seitan is a plant protein supply produced from wheat, and it’s obtainable in seasoned packs (search for it the place they inventory tofu in markets), akin to seitan rooster flavored. Seitan has been a part of conventional Asian diets for hundreds of years. Learn to make your individual seitan right here. This dish additionally will get a wholesome dose of protein and wholesome fat from peanuts. You’ll be able to swap out the peas for one more veggie, akin to inexperienced beans or asparagus, too. Search for soba noodles—Japanese noodles historically produced from buckwheat—at most markets, and positively specifically shops. You’ll be able to prepare dinner this wholesome dinner recipe up and serve it multi function dish too—much less cleanup required.
After you learn to make this dish, you received’t must depend on extremely processed noodle mixes, as a result of you possibly can whip up this economical, family-sized, wholesome noodle dish in minutes. I like to pair this vegan dinner with a crisp salad or slaw (although you don’t should). Pack away the leftovers for lunch the following day–they’ll be scrumptious served scorching or chilly. My children have all the time adored this recipe, and now my younger grownup son makes it as his standby recipe when he desires to prepare dinner one thing up quick and straightforward. He’ll refrigerate the leftovers and luxuriate in them in a while. Colourful, brilliant, and engaging—this Simple Soba Noodles with Peanuts and Seitan is a good one so as to add to your plant-based repertoire.
This tremendous easy, vegan 20-minute meal-in-one recipe for Simple Soba Noodles with Peanuts and Seitan is full of the flavors and well being of buckwheat soba noodles, veggies, peanuts, and protein-rich seitan.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium bell pepper (pink, yellow, or orange), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon recent shredded ginger
- 1 small chili pepper, finely diced (or 1/4 teaspoon pink pepper flakes)
- 1 8-ounce bundle seitan, sliced, drained
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon diminished sodium soy sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) bundle soba noodles, dried
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 inexperienced onions, white and inexperienced components, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or cilantro
- Warmth the sesame oil in a massive skillet or wok over medium warmth. Add the bell pepper, peas, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper, and sauté for five minutes. Add the seitan and prepare dinner for an extra 1 minutes.
- Whereas greens are cooking, combine collectively peanut butter, broth, orange juice, and soy sauce in a medium bowl with a whisk till blended nicely (should be barely lumpy).
- Add liquid to skillet with vegetable combination, and add dried soba noodles.
- Cook dinner, stirring for about 5 minutes, till noodles and greens are simply tender (however not overcooked), and liquid has been absorbed. Might add further water if wanted to create a fluffy, but not too dry noodle dish.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, inexperienced onions and recent basil or cilantro. Serve instantly.
Make this gluten-free by substituting tofu for seitan, and utilizing gluten-free soba noodles and gluten-free soy sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 293
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 351 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 18 g
Key phrases: soba noodles, chilly soba noodles, buckwheat soba noodles, soba vs udon noodles, soba noodles recipe
For extra plant-based noodle recipes, take a look at a few of my favorites right here:
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, click on right here.