An excellent scrumptious method to dish up Brussel sprouts is uncooked in a shaved brussel sprout salad, reminiscent of this flavorful, gentle Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Peanuts and Papaya. On this recipe, you’ll discover a combo of shaved Brussels sprouts with fabulous Thai-inspired flavors, together with crimson chili peppers, cilantro, coconut, peanuts, and papaya, all tossed right into a memorable vegan, gluten-free salad for the ages. It’s wholesome, scrumptious, and you’ll whip it up so rapidly!
What number of carbs in brussel sprouts?
You’ll be glad to listen to that brussel sprouts are very low—8 grams for a full cup! Full of fiber and micronutrients, brussel sprouts are particularly healthful as a result of they’re within the cruciferous household, and these greens have potent compounds linked with most cancers safety. I’ve these lovelies rising in my backyard proper now, together with a papaya tree that supplied the papaya fruit you see pictured right here. Sure, papayas can develop fairly nicely in Southern California. The truth is, a number of further elements, reminiscent of crimson chili peppers, cilantro, inexperienced onions, and lemons got here from my backyard for this recipe. You could find all of those elements at your farmers market or native grocer fairly simply, too.
Methods to lower brussel sprouts for this salad
You’ll be able to shave Brussel sprouts your self by finely slicing them with a pointy knife, or use your meals processor to do the job. You’ll be able to even discover Brussels sprouts pre-shaved in some supermarkets. Simply whip up the peanut French dressing and toss it into the brussel sprouts combination. This salad holds up nicely within the fridge for a number of days, too. Combine it up for meal prep, picnics, potlucks, events, or weekday dinners.
This tremendous straightforward Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Peanuts and Papaya is the proper crunchy, flavorful, wholesome, vegan, gluten-free salad in your get together, picnic, potluck, or weeknight dinner.
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad:
Peanut French dressing:
- To make salad: Wash Brussel sprouts, trim ends, and slice thinly vertically to shave, or shave them in a meals processor. (You could find pre-shaved Brussel sprouts in some markets, too.)
- Place shaved Brussel sprouts, cilantro, inexperienced onions, coconut, and papaya in a big salad bowl.
- To make peanut French dressing: In a small bowl, combine collectively oil, lemon juice, peanut butter, crimson chili pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and agave nectar (elective) till clean.
- Toss dressing into the salad and mix nicely. Alter seasonings as wanted with a pinch of sea salt (elective). Might add extra crimson chili flakes, in line with your individual style choice.
- To garnish: Sprinkle with peanuts and coconut.
- Serve instantly or fridge in hermetic container for as much as 5 days. Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American, Thai
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 149
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 146 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: thai recipe, vegan salad, shaved brussel sprout salad
Strive a few of my different favourite vegan salads right here:
This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, click on right here.