Inside: Get a simple 4-ingredient recipe for Roasted Carrots With Thyme. This easy aspect dish is a success with my children!
My children already appreciated carrots: uncooked, roasted, sautéed.
However including thyme reworked them into one thing model new.
I received the thyme tip from my sister-in-law, who stated one thing alongside the strains of, “Belief me, it makes an enormous distinction.”
She was proper! These carrots have now develop into a favourite aspect dish for our household, and my 14 yr outdated often helps himself to seconds.
Components for Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- Carrots: You possibly can use child carrots, however I choose bigger carrots for this aspect dish. Slice them at an angle for a fairly look.
- Olive oil
- Salt: I like kosher salt for this recipe, as a result of it has greater, coarser granules. However be at liberty to make use of common desk salt.
- Thyme: I exploit dried, which I all the time have readily available. You possibly can substitute contemporary, you’ll simply need to use extra (3 teaspoons contemporary versus 1 teaspoon dried).
The best way to Make Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Peel and slice carrots at an angle, I minimize them about 1/4-inch thick. I exploit roughly three cups of sliced carrots for this aspect dish.
Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. You possibly can toss them in a bowl with the oil and seasonings first, however why soiled an additional dish?
Unfold out the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they’re not overlapping. They’ll roast extra evenly that means. Overlapping veggies can find yourself steaming and never cooking effectively.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, giving them a stir midway by way of. We like them smooth however nonetheless a tiny bit agency. When you choose them very smooth and browner, hold roasting (and peek at them often so that they don’t burn).
Questions About Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Can I exploit child carrots?
Sure, although chances are you’ll must roast them longer to get a smooth texture if you happen to prepare dinner them entire. You possibly can additionally slice child carrots in half lengthwise earlier than cooking, which might look good.
Can I exploit contemporary thyme as a substitute?
Sure! You’ll need to use extra: about three teaspoons contemporary as a substitute of 1 teaspoon dried.
What does thyme style like?
It’s been described as earthy, minty, and barely candy. If it’s an unfamiliar taste on your children, use much less thyme than the recipe requires the primary time you make them.
Why are carrots good for teenagers?
Carrots are wealthy in vitamin A, which performs an element in imaginative and prescient and the immune system. The pigment that makes them orange can also be a disease-fighting compound.
What can I serve with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots with thyme makes a fantastic aspect dish for absolutely anything. We eat them as a aspect for pork chops, rooster, and burgers, however they’d additionally look fairly on a Thanksgiving desk.
What are different good veggie recipes for teenagers?
- 3 cups peeled carrots, minimize at an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel and minimize carrots at an angle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and thyme and toss once more. Unfold out carrots in a single layer on baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway and eradicating carrots once they’re barely browned and tender however nonetheless agency (roast longer if you’d like them softer).
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 62Whole Fats: 2gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g