Keep in mind once I introduced you these fabulous pretty lemon cookies a few years again? Should you tried them, you understand how good they have been.
After I first printed these cookies, I needed to make you one other cookie that almost anybody may get pleasure from so I mixed my lemon cookies and almond flour sugar cookies into one superb lemon-flavored sugar cookie full of poppy seeds and topped with a candy, zesty lemon glaze. GUYS, these paleo-friendly, gluten free lemon cookies are sooooo smooth and chewy!
What extra may you need? I imply, apart from a chilly glass of your favourite milk to pair with them. Or possibly even a day latte?
Mmmm now we’re talkin’. Clearly, my favourite 3pm snack = cookies and low.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest ideas & tips for baking excellent cookies each time!
What you’ll must make the perfect gluten free lemon cookies
These scrumptious paleo lemon poppy seed cookies are made with a mixture of almond & coconut flour and are bursting with scrumptious lemon taste. Don’t overlook that shiny glaze! Right here’s every little thing you’ll must make them:
- Almond flour: these cookies name for blanched almond flour. There isn’t any substitute on this recipe.
- Coconut flour: I like to make use of coconut flour in my paleo recipes, however if you happen to aren’t paleo, gluten free oat flour is an efficient substitute more often than not.
- Baking soda: you’ll simply want a pinch for this recipe.
- Coconut oil: I choose to make use of virgin coconut oil on this recipe as a result of it provides taste, however melted butter or melted vegan butter is a superb choice!
- Sugar: granulated or natural cane sugar is greatest on this recipe. You need to use coconut sugar, too, which is paleo-friendly. Notice that it’ll change the colour of the cookies to a golden brown hue and the flavour might barely change a bit, however it can nonetheless be pleasant.
- Egg: you’ll want one egg, and it’s greatest if the egg is at room temperature earlier than you bake with it. These cookies work very properly with a ‘flax egg’ if you wish to make them vegan. Extra vegan notes could be discovered within the recipe be aware part!
- Contemporary lemon zest and juice: for that true, contemporary lemon taste.
- Almond extract: a touch of almond extract (not vanilla extract!) brings out the unimaginable taste in these lemon poppy seed cookies. Don’t skip it.
- Poppy seeds: You don’t want to incorporate poppy seeds on this recipe, however I’m hooked on the flavour and texture it offers the cookies.
Methods to maintain them paleo-friendly
Should you’re searching for true paleo lemon cookies, be happy to make use of coconut sugar within the recipe and my paleo powdered sugar within the glaze. Simple!
Methods to make vegan lemon cookies
If you wish to make these lemon poppy seed cookies vegan, merely use a ‘flax egg’ as a substitute of an everyday egg within the recipe (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water). I’ve examined them and so they labored completely!
Can I take advantage of a special flour?
I might not suggest substituting the almond flour on this recipe as the feel will drastically change. Nonetheless, you’ll be able to attempt substituting the coconut flour for a gluten free oat flour if you happen to’d like. Discover ways to make your personal oat flour right here!
Trying to make use of common, all function flour? Attempt these lemon cookies as a substitute!
Ideas for the perfect gluten free lemon cookies
The perfect half about these wholesome lemon cookies? They’re straightforward to make proper in a single bowl! Listed here are some ideas for making them:
- Don’t skip the parchment paper. To verify the cookies don’t follow the pan, use parchment paper in your baking sheet.
- Pack your almond flour. Remember to pack the almond flour as you’ll with brown sugar. Don’t pack the coconut flour.
- Use a room temperature egg. Merely run your egg underneath heat water for a minute earlier than utilizing it within the recipe.
- Contemporary lemon juice is greatest. Be sure you use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. Don’t use lemon focus, it’s too potent and bitter.
- Don’t overlook the lemon zest. The lemon zest is essential to flavoring these lemon poppyseed cookies. Right here’s the cheap zester I like to recommend.
- Enable cookies to chill. Earlier than you ice these cookies, be sure to allow them to cool fully on a cooling rack in order that the icing doesn’t soak into the cookie. In case you are in a rush and wish to pace up the method you’ll be able to put the cookie sheet within the freezer for 10-Quarter-hour after baking.
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: Merely retailer these wholesome lemon poppy seed cookies in an hermetic container at room temp for as much as 5 days.
- Freeze the dough. Merely roll your grain free lemon cookies into dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the dough within the freezer for half-hour. As soon as the cookie dough balls agency up, switch them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container for as much as 3 months. When able to bake, merely bake the cookies as directed. You’ll possible simply want so as to add a number of further minutes of baking time!
- Freeze baked cookies. Anticipate the cookies to chill fully, then switch them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container lined with wax or parchment paper. I like to put them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. Cookies will maintain properly for as much as 2 months. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature, add the glaze and revel in.
Really helpful instruments
Extra paleo pleasant treats
Get all of our wonderful, paleo pleasant desserts right here!
I hope you like these straightforward paleo lemon poppy seed cookies! Should you make them make sure you go away a remark and price the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! Thanks — xo!
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Attractive paleo lemon poppy seed cookies made with a mixture of nutritious coconut flour and almond flour then topped with a straightforward, candy & zesty lemon glaze. These grain and gluten free lemon cookies are the proper wholesome spring deal with that’s dairy free and simply vegan!
- For the moist substances:
melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub melted butter or vegan butter)
natural cane sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
egg, at room temperature
contemporary lemon juice
- zest from 1 giant lemon (about 1 tablespoon lemon zest)
- For the dry substances:
packed wonderful blanched almond flour
- Non-compulsory for rolling the cookies:
- For the lemon glaze:
contemporary lemon juice, plus extra if essential to skinny
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively the moist substances: melted and cooled coconut oil, sugar, egg, contemporary lemon juice, almond extract & lemon zest. Combine till easy and mixed.
Add within the almond flour, coconut flour, poppyseeds, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix. Let dough sit for five minutes. Roll into 12 balls. If you would like you’ll be able to roll every ball in a little bit of sugar. Place cookie dough balls 2 inches aside on baking sheet. Gently flatten barely together with your hand. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool fully on baking sheet.
Make the glaze by mixing collectively the powdered sugar, contemporary lemon juice and lemon zest till easy. place a couple of 1/2 tablespoon over every cookie. Take pleasure in! Makes 12 cookies
To make vegan: merely use a ‘flax egg’ as a substitute of an everyday egg within the recipe (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water).
To maintain paleo: you should utilize coconut sugar (extra paleo-friendly), however simply know that it’ll change the colour of the cookies to a golden brown hue and the flavour might barely change a bit.
If you wish to skip the frosting, you’ll be able to, however I feel it makes these cookies AMAZING and stuffed with lemon taste.
See the total put up for storing & freezing ideas.
Servings: 12 cookies
Serving measurement: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 4.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially printed on April seventeenth, 2019, republished on March ninth, 2021, and republished on April twenty third, 2023.