Mother says “YES you’ll be able to lick the batter” as soon as Make Edible Cookie Dough. Right here is the best way to make indulgent cookie dough that’s fit for human consumption, made with our favourite cookie substances like butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips, plus you’ll discover 5 cookie dough taste variations.
Cookie dough lovers, this recipe is for you!
My sister and I every taking one of many kitchen mixer beaters after whipping up cookie dough was a childhood ritual.
This edible cookie dough recipe is the most effective straight-up cookie dough recipe that’s fit for human consumption.
Plus, it may be tailored for quite a few flavors like double chocolate and funfetti.
I’m no stranger to edible cookie doughs.
- Wholesome Cookie Dough recipe is a bit lightened up, made with peanut butter and naturally sweetened.
- Chickpea Cookie Dough is a wholesome deal with, made with chickpeas, peanut butter, and oat flour, and you actually can not style the chickpeas, I promise.
Why Can You Not Eat Uncooked Cookie Dough?
As you’ve possible heard, you shouldn’t eat conventional uncooked cookie dough. I do know, how unfun is that.
- Uncooked Eggs. Salmonella micro organism is likely one of the most typical causes of meals poisoning in keeping with the FDA, and uncooked eggs can include Salmonella..
- Uncooked Flour. Do you know it’s not simply the eggs that may make you sick, but in addition the flour? That’s as a result of the flour could be contaminated with E. coli micro organism (eww).
I are inclined to stay on the sting and sneak a chew of dough every now and then, however that doesn’t reduce the chance, since even a tiny little bit of micro organism could be sufficient to make you sick.
Make Edible Cookie Dough
In case you are one these individuals who bakes cookies extra for the dough than for the cookie itself, or if you’re having a cookie dough craving and desire a technique to get pleasure from it safely, you may make secure edible cookie dough!
Since we wish the cookie dough to be fit for human consumption, we have to tackle the 2 elements that make it unsafe: the uncooked eggs and the uncooked flour.
- Uncooked Eggs. this one is straightforward; we simply omit them! For the reason that cookies don’t must bake, the shortage of eggs won’t negatively affect the recipe.
- Uncooked Flour. All we have to do is prepare dinner it first. The microwave makes it simple.
Cookie dough lovers, this recipe is for you!
- Flour. Good ol’ all-purpose flour is the bottom for our edible cookie dough. You should use heat-treated flour to make this edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Butter. Indulgence is important in terms of cookie dough. The butter is on the coronary heart of their taste.
- Brown Sugar. Mild brown sugar provides a little bit extra heat to the sweetness than white granulated sugar.
- Milk. Or cream to skinny the dough to a consistency excellent for scooping.
- Vanilla. Pure vanilla extract is a necessary ingredient to actually homemade-tasting baked (or on this case, no bake!) items.
- Baking Soda. Regardless that the cookies aren’t baked, the baking soda offers the dough a well-recognized cookie taste.
- Chocolate Chips. I preferred minis for this edible cookie dough as a result of you’ll be able to seize little bites of dough, however be happy to make use of chopped chocolate or common chips. Darkish chocolate is my favourite.
- Prepare dinner the flour within the microwave.
- Beat collectively the butter and sugar in a big bowl.
- Stir within the milk, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Add within the flour slowly whereas mixing.
- Fold within the chocolate chips. ENJOY!
How To Make Totally different Flavors of Edible Cookie Dough
- Funfetti. Swap the brown sugar for white sugar, and add sprinkles as a substitute of chocolate chips.
- Double Chocolate. Substitute half of the flour with unsweetened cocoa powder and add yet one more tablespoon of milk.
- Peanut Butter. Add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter. For double peanut butter energy, use peanut butter chips as a substitute of chocolate chips.
- Oatmeal Raisin. Substitute half of the flour with fast oats and use raisins as a substitute of chocolate chips.
- To Retailer. Retailer leftover edible cookie dough in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 1 week (as if it should final that lengthy).
- To Freeze. Edible cookie dough could be frozen for as much as 3 months in an hermetic, freezer-safe container. Let thaw in a single day earlier than having fun with.
What to Serve with Edible Cookie Dough
- Golden Milk. A cookie requires a glass of milk. This plus edible cookie dough can be the last word evening cap.
- Oat Milk Ice Cream. High your ice cream together with your delectable edible cookie dough.
- Brownies. What goes higher with dessert than extra dessert? These One Bowl Brownies get me into any occasion.
- Mixing Bowls. There’s a bowl for any mixing job with this assortment of nesting glass mixing bowls.
- Electrical Mixer. Should you can’t spring for the well-known stand mixer, a hand mixer additionally does the job!
- Rubber Spatulas. Cookie dough and kitchen important. This set has each dimension.
Now that you understand how to make edible cookie dough, what are you ready for?
Helllllllo batter-licking goodness!
Often Requested Questions
You can bake edible cookie dough, however notice that the cookies will stay very gentle and be flat. I’d strive omitting the milk if you want to bake this recipe.
It’s not simply the eggs that may be unsafe to eat within the cookie dough, so should you make eggless or vegan cookies, you’re not within the clear as a result of uncooked flour can be unsafe to eat.
You may make flour fit for human consumption by both microwaving it or cooking it within the oven. Microwaving on excessive for 1 minute will kill any potential micro organism, or baking at 350°F for 10 minutes. The flour ought to attain 160°F.
To make the all-American cookie dough ice cream, use this edible cookie dough recipe, chill for 10 minutes, then roll the dough into small balls. Freeze earlier than mixing into your ice cream.
Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on excessive for 1 minute to warmth deal with it and kill any micro organism. Let cool utterly to room temperature. For an oven choice to heat-treat the flour, see recipe notes.
In a mixing bowl, beat collectively the butter and sugar till mild and fluffy. Stir within the milk, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
Steadily add the flour as you combine on low pace till simply mixed.
Fold within the chocolate chips.
For Edible Cookie Dough Variations:
Funfetti: Substitute brown sugar for white sugar, omit the chocolate chips and fold in 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles. Keep away from over-mixing, because the sprinkles shade will run.
Double Chocolate: Substitute half of the all-purpose flour with unsweetened cocoa powder; add 1 tablespoon milk.
Peanut Butter: Use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter. You too can substitute the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips for much more peanut butter.
Oatmeal Raisin: Substitute half of the all-purpose flour with fast oats and substitute the chocolate chips with raisins. Or maintain the chips for oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough.
- To bake the flour as a substitute of microwaving it, place a rack within the heart of your oven and preheat to 350°F. Unfold the flour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. To test for doneness, collect the flour right into a mound and insert an prompt learn thermometer into the middle; it ought to register at the least 160°F. If it doesn’t, unfold out the flour again out and proceed baking, rechecking the temperature each 3 to five minutes. Let the flour cool utterly to room temperature, about half-hour.
- If including the edible cookie dough to ice cream, chill the dough for at the least 10 minutes, then roll into small balls and freeze earlier than mixing it into your ice cream.
Serving: 1 (of 4 – chocolate chip)Energy: 272kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 2gFats: 14gSaturated Fats: 9gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.5gLdl cholesterol: 33mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 389IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.