These straightforward, scrumptious, high-protein Cottage Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups are vegetarian and ideal weeknight dinners.
Lasagna Roll Ups With Cottage Cheese
I swapped out ricotta for cottage cheese in these tacky lasagna roll ups, and nobody in my household seen a factor! In truth my daughter really favored it higher! Cottage cheese has the same creamy texture to ricotta cheese, so it may be used instead of ricotta in lots of dishes with out sacrificing texture or taste. In comparison with ricotta, it’s typically decrease in energy and fats and better in protein, which can assist preserve you feeling full and happy for an extended time. This vegetarian recipe is ideal for many who love lasagna however desire a lighter and more healthy model. For those who love these, listed here are extra vegetarian lasagna roll up recipes to attempt: Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups, Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls, and Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups.
This straightforward lasagna recipe with cottage cheese is ideal for weeknight dinners. It’s additionally vegetarian, will be made gluten-free and straightforward to make forward.
Lasagna Roll Up Components
- Marinara Sauce: Use jarred or selfmade marinara.
- Noodles: You’ll want eight raw lasagna noodles – gluten-free or wheat will work too.
- Cottage Cheese: I like Good Tradition’s 2% cottage cheese.
- Parmesan: Grate 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Herbs: Chop recent parsley for the filling. Dried will work too, or swap it for basil. You’ll additionally need some for garnishing.
- Pesto: Two tablespoons of pesto improve the flavour whereas solely utilizing one ingredient.
- Egg: One egg binds the cheese filling. When you have an egg allergy you’ll be able to omit, though it is going to be a little bit runnier however nonetheless delish!
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning the cheese combination and additional salt for the pasta water
- Mozzarella: Prime every lasagna roll with shredded mozzarella.
Make Cottage Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Ladle a cup of sauce on the underside of a 9” x 12” oval baking dish.
- Pasta: Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil, prepare dinner the noodles in line with bundle instructions, and drain.
- Cheese Combination: Mix the cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, pesto, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Roll Up the Lasagna: Place a chunk of wax paper on the counter and lay out the noodles (Make sure that they’re dry). Unfold a 3rd cup of the cheese combination over the noodle. Roll it fastidiously and place seam-side down within the baking dish. Repeat the method with the opposite noodles.
- Bake: Ladle the remaining sauce over the noodles and high every with a tablespoon of mozzarella. Cowl the dish with foil, being cautious to not let it contact the cheese, and bake it for 40 minutes.
What to Serve with Lasagna Roll Ups
Meal Prep Lasagna Roll Ups
These straightforward lasagna roll ups are improbable for meal prep and freezing.
- Meal Prep: Assemble the rolls, cowl the baking dish, and refrigerate in a single day. Bake the dish the following day as instructed.
- Freeze Unbaked: You may freeze your entire dish unbaked for as much as three months. Thaw it within the fridge after which bake in line with the instructions.
- Leftovers: Cooked lasagna roll ups will last as long as 4 days within the fridge or as much as three months within the freezer. Reheat within the microwave or oven till heat.
Extra Lasagna Recipes You’ll Love
Serving Measurement: 2 rolls
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the underside of a 9 x 12 or massive oval baking dish.
In the meantime, convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Cook dinner noodles in line with bundle instructions, then drain.
In a big bowl mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, pesto, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper and blend.
Place a chunk of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles.
Make sure that noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of cheese combination and unfold evenly over noodle. Roll fastidiously and place seam aspect down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle remaining sauce over the noodles and high each with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
Put foil over baking dish cautious to not contact the cheese and bake for 40 minutes, or till cheese melts. Makes 8 rolls.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 rolls, Energy: 462 kcal, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Protein: 32.5 g, Fats: 15 g, Saturated Fats: 6 g, Ldl cholesterol: 82 mg, Sodium: 1300 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 8 g