On the lookout for one thing that tastes like a cross between a slice of banana bread and a doughy tender banana cookie? Don’t fear, I’ve acquired the proper resolution: NO BAKE BANANA BREAD ENERGY BITES ALL UP IN YO BUSINESS.
These unbelievable no bake banana power bites are loaded with crunchy chia seeds, chewy oats, protein-packed peanut butter, cozy cinnamon and an elective scoop of protein powder for those who’d like. Can I get a yum already?!
Hold them in your fridge or freezer for the proper on-the-go snack or deal with!
Vitality bites full of omega-3s & protein
These banana power bites are full of omega-3 due to walnuts & chia seeds. Omega-3s are a beautiful fatty acid that’s important on your mind, your coronary heart and the immune system. Lots of people wrestle to get sufficient omega-3s of their weight-reduction plan as we are inclined to not eat sufficient fish, walnuts, or veggies with that sort of nutrient. You possibly can learn extra about 0mega-3s right here.
One more reason to like these power bites? They’re full of protein due to peanut butter (or your favourite nut butter) and protein powder. Whereas the protein powder is totally elective, I select to make use of it to spice up the protein in these power bites and make them a terrific post-workout snack.
Components in banana power bites
These banana power bites are made with easy, nourishing elements, style like a banana bread cookie with loads of crunchy, but doughy texture and are even drizzled with darkish chocolate for a contact of indulgence. Listed here are the elements you’ll must make these power bites:
- Banana: I counsel utilizing a banana with brown spots to maintain these completely candy.
- Peanut butter: pure, drippy peanut butter helps maintain the power bites collectively and pairs completely with the banana taste. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Mates.
- Honey: you’ll simply want a little bit of honey to assist sweeten these power bites.
- Walnuts: toasted walnuts make these much more scrumptious. Pecans are additionally a terrific choice.
- Chia seeds: I really like including chia seeds for a dietary enhance of fiber & protein and a scrumptious crunch.
- Taste boosters: don’t neglect the cinnamon and salt to carry out the comfortable flavors.
- Old style rolled oats: if you wish to make these gluten free, be sure to make use of gluten free rolled oats.
- Non-compulsory: I like so as to add protein powder for an additional enhance! I really like utilizing Very important Protein Collagen peptides as a result of it’s unflavored, however you’ll be able to be at liberty to make use of a plant primarily based protein powder or omit it fully.
- Chocolate: for an additional deal with I prefer to soften darkish chocolate chips with coconut oil to create that scrumptious chocolate drizzle.
Customise this snack
There are a couple of straightforward methods to make these banana bread power bites your individual:
- Make them vegan: merely swap the honey for maple syrup or coconut palm syrup, then you should definitely use vegan chocolate chips.
- Go nut free: as an alternative of peanut butter use sunflower seed butter and omit the chopped walnuts (or add in additional chia seeds).
- Strive a brand new nut butter: I LOVE the flavour that peanut butter offers these power bites (particularly paired with banana) however you’ll be able to at all times use your fav nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter as an alternative.
The right way to make banana power bites
- Make the “dough.” Add all elements (moreover elements for the drizzle) to the bowl of a meals processor and pulse till they’re nicely mixed and are available collectively like cookie dough.
- Form the power bites. Use a medium cookie scoop to seize the dough after which roll it into about 18 balls, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the power bites for half-hour till they’re strong.
- Add chocolate. Soften your chocolate chips with the coconut oil, drizzle over the power bites, and place them again within the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Then get pleasure from!
Can I make them and not using a meals processor?
Positive! Merely combine the moist elements in a bowl, then add in dry the elements and blend collectively till mixed. I often have to make use of my arms to combine the dough. At this level, it’s best to be capable to roll the combination into balls. If not, add a bit extra nut butter and/or sweetener to assist them stick collectively.
Really useful instruments
Get all of our kitchen necessities right here!
- To retailer: these peanut butter banana power bites will final for 1 week in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- To freeze: be at liberty so as to add them to a freezer-safe bag or container and retailer them for as much as 1 month. I favor these power bites straight from the freezer, and I’d advocate letting them soften up for about 5-10 minutes within the fridge or at room temp earlier than consuming them.
Extra no bake snacks you’ll love
Get all of my no bake snack recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on these banana power bites as a lot as I do. Should you make this recipe you should definitely depart a remark beneath, price the recipe and let me know the way you appreciated them. I admire you! xo.
Chia Banana Bread Vitality Bites
Scrumptious and simple chia banana power bites that style like a slice of your favourite banana bread! These no bake peanut butter banana power bites are made with creamy peanut butter, banana, heart-healthy walnuts, oats, chia seeds, protein powder and a drizzle of chocolate. Simply vegan & gluten free for the proper on-the-go snack or breakfast!
mashed ripe banana (from 1 medium ripe banana)
creamy pure peanut butter (or almond butter or pecan butter)
honey (or sub pure maple syrup or coconut palm syrup)
toasted walnuts (or pecans)
old style rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- Non-compulsory add-in:
scoops (1 serving) Very important Protein Collagen peptides (about ¼ cup protein powder)*
- For the drizzle:
darkish chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
Add all elements (moreover elements for the drizzle) to the bowl of a meals processor and pulse till they’re nicely mixed and are available collectively like cookie dough. You must nonetheless have some chunks of nuts. FYI: you could must cease a couple of occasions and scrape the edges of the bowl with a spatula. Course of once more till mixed.
Use a medium cookie scoop to seize dough after which roll into balls. You must get about 18 balls. Place power bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place within the freezer for half-hour.
Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave protected bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals till chocolate is melted. Drizzle over balls, then place again within the freezer for 10 minutes. Balls must be saved in an hermetic container within the freezer and can last as long as 3 months. Take pleasure in them straight from the freezer. If they’re too exhausting, allow them to sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes.
*Be happy to omit protein powder or use any protein powder you need.
To make vegan: use maple syrup or coconut palm syrup in addition to a plant-based protein powder like Aloha or Bob’s Pink Mill vegan protein powder.
To freeze: the power bites are scrumptious straight out of the freezer. In the event that they get too exhausting, allow them to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes earlier than consuming.
Servings: 18 power bites
Serving measurement: 1 power chunk
Saturated fats: 1.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on February twenty sixth, 2020, and republished on April twenty fifth, 2023.