This carrot cake baked oatmeal is everybody’s favourite cake, achieved up for breakfast! It’s a hearty approach to begin the day.
In search of a enjoyable breakfast thought? Strive carrot cake baked oatmeal! Right here’s everybody’s favourite cake dressed up as a healthful approach to begin the day. It’s cozy and comforting, flecked with orange carrots and flavored with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Metal lower oats add heartiness, and it’s critically easy to throw collectively and eat off a pan all week. This one’s a favourite of ours: particularly within the spring! Right here’s find out how to make it.
Substances in carrot cake baked oatmeal
This carrot cake baked oatmeal has a twist: it’s make with metal lower oats as a substitute of rolled oats! It’s a spin on our favourite pumpkin pie baked oatmeal, with carrots and comfy spices as a substitute. Better of all, it’s an thought delivered to us by a reader, Heather! She tell us that she makes our pumpkin oatmeal on a regular basis and he or she even created a number of different “flavors”: one in every of which was carrot cake. We knew we wanted to strive it out, and it’s grow to be an enormous favourite round right here. Right here’s what you’ll want for this recipe:
- Uncooked metal lower oats (don’t use rolled oats; see under
- Olive oil
- 2% milk
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- Baking powder and salt
- Pecan items
Metal lower oats vs rolled oats
This carrot cake baked oatmeal makes use of metal lower oats, not rolled oats. What’s the distinction?
- Metal lower oats are complete grain oats which can be lower into nubs: the grains appear to be brown rice or barley.
- Rolled oats are oat groats which can be rolled by metal rollers: this offers them a flat form and makes them a lot faster to prepare dinner. Each varieties have very related dietary profiles: a number of protein and fiber to begin your day! See Metal Reduce vs Rolled Oats.
- Don’t substitute rolled oats right here! The recipe is designed for metal lower oats, so the liquid portions and bake time don’t work for rolled oats.
It takes 1 hour, however leftovers save properly
This carrot cake baked oatmeal takes 1 hour begin to end, however more often than not is palms off whereas the oatmeal bakes. Nevertheless, the leftovers save properly and make for a wholesome breakfast recipe that lasts all through the week. It saves properly within the fridge, and you may eat it chilly or room temp: no reheating mandatory! If you happen to’d like, you’ll be able to warmth it within the oven or microwave.
Extra carrot recipes
Acquired leftover carrots? Listed here are some extra carrot recipes to make use of up a bunch!
This carrot cake baked oatmeal recipe is…
Vegetarian and gluten-free. For dairy-free, use almond milk.
There’s nothing cozier than baked oatmeal! This baked metal lower oatmeal is carrot cake flavored, with cozy spices and pecans.
- 3 giant carrots (1 ½ cups grated)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 giant egg (or flax egg for vegan)
- 2 cups 2% milk (or oat or almond milk)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- ¼ teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked metal lower oats (don’t use rolled oats)
- ⅓ cup pecan items
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots, sufficient for 1 ½ cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, egg, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder and kosher salt. Pour into the bowl with the moist components and whisk to mix. Stir within the metal lower oats.
- Pour the combination into the ready baking dish, then combine in carrots and unfold them round evenly. Cowl the pan loosely with foil.
- Bake for half-hour. Take away the foil then sprinkle with pecans. Bake one other 30 to 35 minutes till set. Serve heat, or refrigerate and eat leftovers for a number of days. (Word: This baked metal lower oatmeal is greatest heat or room temperature. Leftovers retailer properly and may be reheated. To make it forward, you can bake your complete pan and reheat: or put together the wets and dries individually and refrigerate in a single day, retaining the carrots in a separate container, after which combine them and bake the following morning.)
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Baked
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: Baked metal lower oatmeal, Baked Oatmeal, Metal Reduce Oatmeal, Carrot Cake Oatmeal, Brunch Recipes