It’s at all times time to share straightforward, scrumptious 30-minute meals and this unimaginable pineapple hen stir fry is a type of meals. As you realize, I at all times purpose to deliver you loads of nourishing, veggie and protein-packed meals that you simply and the entire household can be ok with.
This pineapple broccoli hen stir fry comes collectively tremendous shortly and is full of a rainbow of veggies. Pineapple provides a burst of sweetness in each chunk paired with savory hen and crisp greens like broccoli and bell pepper.
Plus, you’re going to go loopy for the flavorful sauce that jogs my memory of the candy and bitter hen we used to get for takeout rising up. It’s barely tangy with hints of sweetness from honey and slightly brown sugar. You’re going to LOVE it.
In search of extra 30-minute meals?
Enter your e-mail under to get my FREE e-book with our greatest 30-minute dinners straight to your inbox!
Skip your weekly takeout and provides this stir fry recipe a attempt. Pair it along with your favourite grains (would possibly I recommend my coconut rice?!) You’ll severely make it repeatedly!
Elements on this pineapple hen stir fry
This unimaginable pineapple broccoli hen stir fry is full of rainbow veggies, loads of protein and an addicting sauce that may remind you of candy and bitter hen. Right here’s every part you’ll have to make it:
- For the sauce: to get these fantastic candy and tangy flavors you’ll want low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), honey, garlic, ginger and a few arrowroot or cornstarch. Be at liberty to whisk in some sesame seeds if you happen to’d like!
- For the stir fry: we’re cooking up hen, crimson bell pepper, crimson onion, broccoli and recent pineapple (no canned pineapple chunks right here!)
- To serve: I like to recommend serving this stir fry with rice (my coconut rice could be excellent), quinoa and even cauliflower rice for a full meal. I additionally wish to garnish it with inexperienced onion!
Don’t overlook these pineapple suggestions
For those who’re utilizing recent pineapple, you should definitely try our greatest suggestions & tips for reducing a pineapple right here! You’ll need good, even chunks of pineapple within the stir fry. Be at liberty to make use of frozen pineapple as effectively.
Make this stir fry your personal
Trying to customise this candy and bitter hen stir fry? Right here’s what I can suggest:
- Select your produce: I believe inexperienced beans, zucchini, or snap peas would even be scrumptious. Out of pineapple? Attempt mango!
- Attempt a brand new protein: I used boneless skinless hen breast however you could possibly additionally use hen thighs, floor hen, and even shrimp or salmon!
- Make it vegetarian: merely swap the hen for tofu or chickpeas.
- Add a kick of warmth: attempt including slightly cayenne pepper to the sauce or high your bowl with some crimson pepper flakes.
Candy and bitter hen stir fry in half-hour
That’s proper, this unimaginable stir fry recipe comes collectively in only a half-hour and makes the most effective meal prep dinner!
- Make the sauce. Begin by whisking collectively all the substances for the sauce till it’s effectively mixed.
- Cook dinner the hen. Add some toasted sesame oil to a massive skillet and prepare dinner the cubed hen fully. Then set it apart.
- Cook dinner the veggies. Subsequent, add all the veggies to your pan and prepare dinner them till the broccoli is barely tender however nonetheless crisp.
- Stir fry it collectively. Add the hen again to the pan with the pineapple, then pour within the sauce and simmer every part collectively for a couple of minutes. Serve it up along with your fav grains!
Retailer it for later
Retailer any leftover stir fry in an hermetic container for as much as 3-4 days. Merely reheat in a microwave secure dish.
The proper meal prep dinner
Simply meal prep this pineapple broccoli hen stir fry for the week by including 1/4 of the stir fry (hen + veggies within the sauce) with about 1 cup of your favourite grain to a glass meal prep containers. This recipe will make 4 servings, which is ideal for weekday lunches! Merely reheat within the microwave earlier than having fun with.
Extra 30 minute meals you’ll love
Get all of our scrumptious 30 minute meals right here!
I hope you’re keen on this candy and bitter pineapple broccoli hen stir fry! For those who make it you should definitely depart a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Candy and Bitter Pineapple Broccoli Hen Stir Fry
Great pineapple broccoli hen stir fry with a flavorful candy and bitter sauce. This straightforward pineapple hen stir fry recipe takes simply half-hour to make for the most effective, protein-packed weeknight dinner! Serve with rice or quinoa for an incredible meal.
- For the sauce:
low sodium soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
freshly grated ginger
arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- For the stir fry:
toasted or common sesame oil, divided
boneless skinless hen breast, diced into ½ inch chunks
massive crimson bell pepper, chopped into massive chunks
small crimson onion, chopped into massive chunks
head broccoli, reduce into florets (about 4 cups broccoli florets
recent or frozen pineapple chunks
- For serving:
- Cooked brown or coconut rice, for serving
- Chopped recent scallions, for topping
First make your stir fry sauce: in a medium bowl, whisk collectively the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and arrowroot starch (or cornstarch). Put aside.
Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil to a deep skillet and place over medium warmth. Add diced hen breast and prepare dinner till now not pink, about 5-8 minutes. As soon as cooked, switch meat to a bowl and put aside. Hold the warmth within the pan.
In the identical pan, add the remaining ½ tablespoon sesame oil. Add in bell pepper chunks, onion chunks and broccoli. Cook dinner, stirring incessantly for 5-8 minutes till broccoli is barely tender however nonetheless has a chunk. Stir in pineapple and cooked hen breast. Pour sauce over and produce to a slight simmer then cut back warmth to low and prepare dinner for an extra 2-4 minutes till sauce begins to thicken.
Serve with brown rice, coconut rice or quinoa for a wholesome dinner. Garnish with scallions. Serves 4.
This recipe could be glorious with my coconut rice.
If you wish to make vegetarian, I recommend utilizing tofu or chickpeas as a substitute of hen.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 4, excluding rice)
Saturated fats: 1.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on September thirteenth, 2021, and republished on April nineteenth, 2023.