Inside: Get a easy recipe for 4 ingredient protein balls which are nice in lunchboxes or as a fast snack or dessert.
The dilemma: Everybody desires one thing fast to seize and eat. You’d like that one thing to offer vitamin, particularly for rising children.
Round right here, I remedy this by having some form of home made snack bar or chunk readily available, which might shortly pinch-hit for breakfast, a lunchbox deal with, straightforward wholesome snack, or perhaps a satisfying two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making these no bake power bites for a very long time, normally as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I sometimes have all the easy substances in my pantry, and maintaining a “little one thing” like this round tends to make my week a bit simpler.
I believe these no bake power balls style a bit like peanut butter cookie dough. Additionally they remind me of the peanut butter Good Bar (however price lots much less!). Right here’s the straightforward recipe.
Elements in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter: I exploit creamy pure peanut butter, that’s made with solely peanuts and salt. You too can use almond butter or cashew butter as a substitute.
- Oats: I just like the chew of old style rolled oats, however you should utilize fast oats as properly.
- Powdered milk: Discover this within the baking aisle. The sort at my retailer is nonfat. This offers added texture to the power bites.
- Honey: You possibly can swap this for pure maple syrup when you choose.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Protein Balls
Mix all substances in a medium mixing bowl and stir properly. (You don’t want a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination appears too dry to roll into balls, add slightly little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle at a time, till it’s the fitting consistency. If it’s too moist, add a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is slightly sticky while you’re rolling it, having barely moist fingers could make this simpler.
If you happen to’d like so as to add chocolate chips, stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, which I believe work finest with these bites.
I like to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct amount, then use your fingers to roll them into balls. You possibly can put them place on a baking sheet as you’re making them or straight right into a sealed container. I get about 12 snack bites with one recipe, 24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made by evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I hold it in my pantry to make Home made Sizzling Cocoa Combine. You too can add it to recipes to provide some further calcium and protein, similar to:
What can I exploit moreover powdered milk?
If you happen to don’t have powdered milk, it’s also possible to use protein powder (similar to vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (similar to PB2) as a substitute.
Can I exploit maple syrup as a substitute of honey?
Sure, simply swap the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make these vegan?
To make these peanut butter power balls vegan, swap out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder, sweeten them with maple syrup as a substitute of honey, and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do these bites have?
Every of those 4-ingredient protein balls comprises about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my record of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer these 4 ingredient protein balls?
Maintain these protein balls in an hermetic container. You possibly can hold them at room temperature, however I believe they style finest saved within the fridge. They’re finest eaten inside every week or so.
Different concepts for swaps & substitutions
- Swap a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds, floor flax seed, or hemp seeds for further wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as a substitute of peanut butter to make these nut-free and peanut-free (examine labels on all different substances to be protected)
- Swap chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate power bites
- Commerce mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all substances. (f the consistency is not fairly roll-able, add extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the fitting texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Serving Measurement: 1 ball
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 106Whole Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Extra Recipes for Snack Bars and Snack Bites